We’re a stealth-ish startup backed by a16z building a new kind of email experience powered by AI. This goes far beyond AI-generated summaries and responses in the same old Gmail UI that hasn’t changed in 20 years - we’re reimagining everything from the ground up.
Our tiny team has built product at Google and founded venture backed startups funded by some of the best investors. We’re currently in NYC/remote but we will be focusing on more in-person coworking in NYC and SF as we grow.
🔍 We are looking for a passionate software engineer with 5-10 years of experience based in New York (or willing to relocate) to join our founding team.
This is a full stack role, but you will be focusing heavily on AI.
- Build the backend and data processing for a web app that helps people stay on top of their email, utilizing the latest LLMs and adjacent technologies
- Ensure product is performant and data is extremely accurate and clean
- Work directly with the CEO/founder and other engineers to influence and execute the vision for the product
- Define and implement product development processes and technical standards that push the team to create the highest quality product as fast as possible
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Node, AWS and other banckend tech.
- Based in New York (or willing to relocate)
- 3-7 years of experience in startups, ideally a stint at a unicorn
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Love AI - maybe you’ve been hacking on side projects and hanging out in slack communities
- Passionate - you throw yourself into your work, obsess over the details, and work nights and weekends for fun
- Strong communication and collaboration skills