We’re a stealth-ish startup backed by a16z building a new kind of email experience powered by AI. This goes far beyond AI-generated summaries and responses in the same old Gmail UI that hasn’t changed in 20 years - we’re reimagining everything from the ground up.
Our tiny team has built product at Google and founded venture backed startups funded by some of the best investors. We’re currently in NYC/remote but we will be focusing on more in-person coworking in NYC and SF as we grow.
🔍 We are looking for a passionate software engineer with 5-10 years of experience based in New York or San Francisco to join our founding team.
This is a full-stack role, but you will be heavily focused on backend and data engineering.
- Build the backend and data processing for an iPhone iPhone app that helps people stay on top of (and even get joy out of) their email, utilizing the latest LLMs and adjacent technologies
- Contribute to all other parts of the codebase, including the iOS app (react native but soon swift), desktop app (react) and backend (python & node), as needed
- Ensure product is performant and data is extremely accurate and clean
- Work directly with the CEO/founder and other engineers to influence and execute the vision for the product
- Define and implement product development processes and technical standards that push the team to create the highest quality product as fast as possible
- If you’re based in the SF, you will likely travel to NYC to work in person frequently.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Node, React, AWS, etc.
- Based in NYC or SF
- 5-10 years of experience in startups, ideally a stint at a unicorn
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Love AI - maybe you’ve been hacking on side projects and hanging out in slack communities
- Passionate - you throw yourself into your work, obsess over the details, and work nights and weekends for fun
- Strong communication and collaboration skills